CENTER FOR ADVANCED WOUND CARE
Center for Advanced Wound Care is a comprehensive wound management and prevention program which is focused on delivering high quality, efficient care dedicated towards patients with acute and chronic wounds, in the office setting or skilled nursing facilities.
Our program utilizes advanced evidenced based clinical pathways which expedites the healing of wounds. Our wound care support structure focuses on compliance with current Medicare standards, and coordination of care across the board, with emphasis on continuum of care.
WHY CENTER FOR ADVANCED WOUND CARE?
The affordable care act has created incentives for Medicare, Medi-Cal, PPO’s and HMO’s to explore low-cost service delivery models, while delivering quality and safe care. More and more services are being shifted out of hospital settings into other cost-effective facilities. Center for Advanced Wound Care works in collaboration with your Primary Care Physician or Care Coordination department, addressing all aspects of care necessary to promote healing of a chronic wound. We know that providing quality care is a critical factor in prevention of hospital readmissions, risk mitigation, and cost management.
Uncontrollable Cost of Managing Chronic Non-Healing Wound
A rough population prevalence rate for chronic non-healing wounds in the United States is 2% of the general population. A conservative estimate of the staggering cost of caring for these wounds exceeds $50 billion per year. This is 10 times more than the annual budget of the World Health Organization.
A chronic, non-healing wound is not a disease, but rather a result of one or more underlying conditions. Non-healing wounds require specialized wound care because of their underlying causes and their failure to proceed through an orderly and timely set of healing stages.
BENEFITS OF A STRUTURED WOUND CARE PROGRAM
- Reduce potentially avoidable hospitalizations, improve medical outcomes
- Decrease survey deficiencies
- Assist and educate nursing staff
- Fewer wound-related complications
- Continuum of care program is created for all wound patients
- Regulatory requirements are met
- Hospital readmission, Emergency Room visits are reduced or eliminated and thereby further reducing Medicare part A billing (CMS encouraged)
- Care facilities can differentiate themselves in the community as agencies of excellence affiliated with Center for Advanced Wound Care
- Faster wound healing times
- Proper diagnosis and work-up
- Bedside wound care related procedures
- Decreased infections, amputations, hospital admissions
- Improved quality of life
- Ability to rehabilitate from illness quickly
Our physician-based program will work within the skilled nursing facilities existing formulary and protocols to help keep dressing costs down.
We will work as part of a wound care team with your Nurses, Dieticians and Physical Therapists to improve healing and reduce costs.
Let Center for Advanced Wound Care be your wound care experts supporting your patients or facility and quality assurance!